The Landscaping Committee (“Committee”) advises and assists the Board of Directors (“Board”) by promoting, preserving and enhancing the aesthetic appeal of common areas owned and maintained by the RiverDowns Homeowners Association and encouraging the highest level of maintenance of the association’s physical assets.
The committee is made up of residents who volunteer their time to help ensure the aesthetic appeal of our neighborhood remains high.
The primary duties of the Committee are as follows:
- Facilitate contract process for landscape maintenance contractor;
- Manage landscape maintenance contractor relationship;
- Review and monitor landscape maintenance contractor performance against contract;
- Review the landscape maintenance specifications and make recommendations for changes and adjustments on an annual basis;
- Ensure proper maintenance of association irrigation systems;
- Evaluate the current landscaping conditions and make appropriate recommendations to the Board for review, comment and approval
- Identify any deficiencies in the current landscaping or ground maintenance and document any required corrective actions;
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding planting projects, walkway additions, annual landscape maintenance and improvement projects and other enhancements to common areas;
- Develop detailed Statements of Work (SOW) to correct current identified deficiencies and provide to the Board for review, comment and approval;
- Provide monthly committee activity update to the Board; and
- Provide input to the annual budget process necessary for the Committee as directed by the Board.
In additional to the duties outlined above, committee members manage various projects including replenishing the mulch at our two tot lots and upgrading/expanding our irrigation systems.
Jeff Hartman, a resident of Lenox Forest, is the current Chair of the Landscaping Committee.